Carisoprodol 350 mg Tablet Treat Muscle Pain, Carisoprodol Uses, Dosage & Review
- Carisoprodol 350 mg tablet is a prescription-only medication (POM) that belongs to the group of drugs called non-narcotic muscle relaxants. It is usually used short-term to treat muscle pain and discomfort. It is usually used along with rest, physical therapy, and other treatments. It operates by stimulating muscle relaxation.
- Carisoprodol is primarily prescribed as a muscle relaxant that helps relieve back pain, medical conditions associated with the muscles such as rheumatoid arthritis, and fibromyalgia. The drug is also used for the treatment of some injuries and fractures to help reduce swelling and pain. Carisoprodol is commonly sold under the brand name Soma.
- Every patient is different, and so is every medicine. For this reason, patients should take their medications exactly as prescribed, or the way their doctor tells them to. Every individual has a different response to drugs.
- The main idea is that only the dose you need in order to achieve positive results will be prescribed for you, and no more.
- Take the pill by mouth with or without food, as told by your doctor. Also, doctors usually advise patients against cutting, crushing, or chewing their medication, as this may possibly change the required dose or even make the drug ineffective.
The main mechanism behind it’s working is that Supposedly, carisoprodol prevents your nervous system from sending signals to your brain that pain is occurring.
side effects are listed below:
- Irregular heartbeat
- Low blood pressure,
- Face flushing
- Muscle rigidness
- Agitation or feeling of irritation
- Abdomen pain
- The impact of this drug varies from person to person. So it’s essential to communicate to your doctor about these results.
- The impact of this drug varies from person to person.
- Carisoprodol oral tablets
can cause interactions with certain drugs, vitamins, or herbs. These
interactions can cause side effects, prevent the drug from working well, or
change how much of the drug your body absorbs.
- Make sure to consult with
your doctor about all the previous medications and herbs you are taking. The
most important way to avoid interactions is by not taking multiple drugs at the
same time. In fact, you should tell your doctor if you're taking any other
medications, vitamins, or herbs.
- Be sure to keep a list of
all the prescription drugs you take and share it with your doctor and
pharmacist. It would be good for you if you do not change the dose or stop
taking it without consulting your doctor.
Allergies - If an allergic reaction occurs, see a doctor or call a poison control center to receive further instructions. If symptoms are severe, then seek out immediate emergency assistance by calling 911 or going to the nearest hospital.
Allergic reactions that are
Swelling of your throat or tongue
You should not take it again if you have ever suffered an allergic reaction to it or a drug called Meprobamate. Taking it again may be fatal.
Liver problems -
Pregnant women -
There is no data available about the safety and effectiveness of this medication in people over 65 years old. This is why it's risky to use it in this age group.
- Carisoprodol is not meant for long-term use. It carries some serious risks in a way that you have to take it as prescribed.
- If you quit taking this drug abruptly, you may have withdrawal symptoms. You can reduce the likelihood of these side effects by lowering the amount you take each day and by slowly stopping this drug.
- Missing a dose or not taking the drug regularly can cause the levels of the drug in your body to drop suddenly, leaving you unprotected from the disease.
- If you take too much of this drug, your body could retain a dangerously high level of it. This is a bigger risk if you use it with drugs that are also misused or taken at high doses.
● low blood pressure
● fast heartbeat
● trouble breathing
● delusions (believing in things that aren’t true)
● unusual excitement
● vision problems
● muscle stiffness and lack of coordination
In case if you miss your dose - Get into the habit of taking your dose at the same time each day. Don't be alarmed if you sometimes forget to take your dose. When it's almost time for your next dose, take only one dose. Never try to catch up by talking.
Do not forget to take the drug as per prescribed time
Taking carisoprodol with food may reduce some of its side effects.
The tablet can be cut, or it could be crushed.
If you want to refill your
prescription, talk to your doctor. You will need the same doctor because he or
she has written information about the number of refills on the prescription.
Carry all of your medication with you at all times. unless you checked your bag and it is in the cargo hold of a plane. Never put them in the checked bag if flying.